Wednesday, October 22, 2014

I wonder as I wander...

The Alberta Prairie Girl is back!
 I haven't posted on my blog in over a year. There are a few reasons for this; 1. My husband has concerns regarding social media, and sharing ones life in a public venue. Apparently this has bitten him rather harshly in the past, and really rathered that he, and his daughter, not be a part of it. And I respected that. 2. It came to a point where I had so much to catch up on, that the task became too daunting! Now, I am at a vastly different place, not one I ever expected to encounter. However, I have started to explore the Maritimes in earnest, and I would really love to share my escapades in a more journal-like form, rather than just a few pics on Facebook, so the blog is back!
So, (in my very best Inigo voice) let me esplain, no there is too much, let me sum up. Buttercup is marry Humperdinck in little less than half and hour....wait! I am so easily sidetracked....

 Anyway, the number one reason for NOT blogging has chosen to no longer be a part of my/our life, which, ironically, kinda negated any need to worry about my second reason.
 Huh, funny how things turn out.
 I realized that this is not the classiest way to share this radical change in my life, but there it is. I have learned over the past months that choice is a great and terrible responsibility. The accountability that goes with ones choices is also a great and sometimes terrible thing. I have come to know I cannot be responsible for another persons choices, I can only chose how I will respond and how I will move forward in my own life, hopefully with dignity and integrity that makes me a better person.

 What I can say, and share, is that my wedding and receptions were lovely. It was so amazing, especially in Edmonton, to look around and see so many people, from so many different parts of my life, in one room. I will always be grateful that we had that time to reunite, to love and be loved. I can also say how blessed I am to have people in my life, new and old, that care so much about me. Those who were willing to drop everything, had I needed it, to come "rescue" me, physically or mentally or spiritually. I don't think I ever truly realized what good friends and family I have. Thank you.


New Brunswick is a neat place to live. It runs at its own speed, has some of the most stunning scenery, fairly decent snow removal and the friendliest Canadians hands down! Those are some of the reasons I also love my job so much. I had been itching to get back into the clinical side of Respiratory, and getting this job here was an answer to my prayers in so many ways last year. I work with some wonderful people, who are so friendly and kind and supportive. My past work experience and skills from Edmonton and Phoenix were welcomed and suprisingly came back to me very quickly, and I love helping people in the hospital setting so much. I am also a better therapist, co-worker and student preceptor having been on the education side for 5 years at NAIT. It was certainly a big reason why I chose to stay. Don't get me wrong, the thought of coming back to Edmonton, or Alberta, did cross my mind, but it was so brief I barely entertained the idea.
These are the reasons I feel I can share;
 1. I had no confirmation of the Spirit that I should go back. Going along with that, I had such a strong impression when I moved that this was where the Lord wanted me to be, that I could not deny that feeling. Its as strong today as it was when I packed up and left Edmonton.
2. I felt I had perhaps accomplished all that I could do in Alberta. Especially as far as my job and as my social life goes. I have amazing friends and family that I certainly miss alot, but I reconciled myself to leaving them before I left, and Skype, text, email and phone calls make the distance bearable.
3. Moving to New Brunswick still feels like I'm progressing forward in my life. Going back would be just that; slipping back into a comfortable way of life that would still be great and fun, but essentially keep me from progressing.
4. Other than the changes in the husband department(!), everything else in my life is going pretty well. Good job, amazing location, new adventures in travel, great people, family who will always be family to some extent, and lastly, but most importantly, Lady M. She is still a very important part of my life and I feel very strongly that we need to keep that bond we have and for her to KNOW that there is another person out there who loves her completely and is there for her. I also want to be a good example to her in the gospel and the church.  I will always be on her side to love her and support her in whatever way she needs me, for as long as she needs me. And she still loves her wicked evil stepmother and gets a kick out of me in the time we get to spend together! Bonus for me!


So despite the turnaround my life has taken, I am still mostly me; happy, hopeful, grateful; and ready to come though this as a better person, who the Lord wants me to be.
 XO Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment